This update brings live the big changes announced during the previous announcement, Two Years of Kanka and Future Goals. This includes Boosted Campaigns, Mentions v3.1, and many other improvements and bug fixes.
- Boosted Campaigns
- Patreons at the $3 tier and above now have boosters available in their Settings > Boost page and can assign their boosters to campaigns by going on a campaign’s page.
- You can find out more about all the new features provided by boosted campaign by visiting the Features page.
- Mentions v3.1
- Last month saw the release of mentions v3 which rebuild the system from the ground up and removed a lot of breaking and maintenance heavy parts of the app, while allowing more advanced options. This update brings back displaying the entity’s name using the “@” shorthand, while the new “[” shorthand injects the new syntax. For those who always want to use the new [entity:123] syntax, an option has been added in the Settings > Layout page called “Advanced Mentions”.
- Relations: the relations tab has been moved to an entity sub-menu. This allows me to remove more complexity from the app and building the relations feature only once instead of having it duplicated in many places. Menu links pointing to the relations tab of an entity have been updated accordingly.
- Permissions: when creating or editing an entity, the permissions tab will show when a permission is being inherited by a campaign role, clearing out a lot of confusion surrounding how permissions work.
- Locations: a new sub-menu “organisations” has been added to display organisations located in a location.
- UI: the dashboard has received some UI improvements for desktop and for mobile.
- Dashboard: the recently modified list now includes the name of the person who changed the entity.
- SEO: the app’s sitemap, canonical urls and alternate link tags have been updated to increase kanka’s ranking on search engine.
- Breadcrumbs: when the profile is set to use nested views by default, the link in the breadcrumbs now goes back to the correct interface.
- Maps: mentions are now rendered in the map texts.
- Forms: when sending a form, if an error occured in the validation, the save button was no longer usable. This has been fixed.
- Relations: editing a mirrored relation is no longer broken.